Monday, October 17, 2016

Writing Romance? Four Things To Avoid.




Romance novels. They bring a smile on my face. Yes, it’s my favourite genre, but even though I am an avid reader, I can’t read any random romance. Even your favourite genre cannot guarantee entertainment, sometimes.

A reader’s perspective is closely related to a writer’s writing. They go hand in hand. As I was writing my first novel, We Will Meet Again – a love story, I tried to think as a reader, and tried my best to avoid things that I may not like as a reader. I think it worked!

If you are a first-time writer, and writing romance, there are chances that editors and even readers don’t take your work seriously. It’s not to discourage you, but to make you familiar with the fact. I have seen readers dismissing this genre right away. Maybe, they are prejudice against few things (in romance) that don’t go well with their tastes.


What could possibly go wrong? 

Read the full article HERE

If you like reading mature love stories, you will like my book, We Will Meet Again. It's not about insta-love. It's about growing in a relationship. It's not mushy. It's about strong and relatable characters.

You can get my book here @ a super discount! Or get it from Amazon. Or enter giveaway on Goodreads. 


No comments:

Post a Comment